Barnes Retrofit Champion Grinder Pump - 2HP - 208V/230V - (44 gpm & 103 foot head) - External Start Components
The Barnes retrofit grinder pumps easily handle residential, light commercial or industrial sanitary waste, reducing it to fine slurry. The Barnes retrofit pump is designed for use in pressure sewer applications or any piping network.
The recessed vortex impeller design of the Barnes retrofit grinder pump provides trouble free, non-overloading operation over the entire performance curve. The Barnes retrofit pump produces capacities to 44 gpm with heads to 103 feet.
The Barnes retrofit pump operates with the same control panel and installation piping / rail system.
- Turnkey Replacement Package
- No Modifications to Existing System
- Operates with same Control Panel
- Superior Pump Performance
- Reliable Operation
- The MDI advantages:
- Fits Existing System - No Changes
- Eliminates Existing Problems
- Better Pump Performance - More Flow
- Reduces Service/Maintenance Issues
- Saves up to 20% on energy costs
Manufacturer: Champion Pump
Weight: 125 lb
Delivery: Ships in 4-10 Business Days
Features and Benefits
- Single Phase
- 2 HP @ 208V/230 V 1-Phase @ 15 AMPS
- 150 Degrees F. (Intermittent)
- 20’ Cord
- Start component
- External (must use start kit or components in control panel)
- The pump can easily handle waste from
- Residential/Commercial Developments
- Wastewater Transfer
- Hospitals, Motels, Apartments
- Schools, Universities
- Office Complexes
- Sealed Entrance-Replaceable Power Cord
- Easy to replace, prevents water from entering the motor housing through a cut power cord. Warranty is not voided if plug is cut off.
- External Start Kit
- External Start / Run capacitor design for capacitors in the control panel.
- Pump Design
- The centrifugal submersible grinder pump is capable of reducing all material found in normal residential and light industrial sewage containing small quantities of plastic, disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, rubber, food particles and other non-abrasive solids into a finely ground slurry. Heavy duty ASTMA48, Class 30 cast iron components.
- Strong Motor
- Non-overloading high torque for powerful and reliable pump operation. The rotor and stator assembly is of the standard frame design. The motor windings shall be of Class B insulation and operate in a sealed environment containing clean dielectric oil, making it capable of operating in a totally, partially or non-submerged condition for extended periods of time without damage due to the heat being generated.
- 2-Bearing Support
- Pump shall utilize a 2-Bearing design operating in an oil bath atmosphere, consisting of an upper single row, an intermediate single row, ball bearing for thrust loads and a lower bronze sleeve bearing for radial loads to prevent shaft deflection. Long 50,000-hour B-10 bearing life.
- Tandem Double Mechanical Seal Protection
- Each shaft seal prevents leakage between the pump and motor. The upper seal is constructed of a carbon rotating face and ceramic stationary face, 300 series stainless steel hardware, and all elastomer parts to be Buna-N. The lower seal is silicon carbide rotating face and stationary face, 300 series stainless steel hardware, and all elastomer parts to be Viton.
- Non-Overloading Hydraulic Design
- The recessed centrifugal impeller allows 100% performance curve operation from shut-off to maximum flow without damage to the pump or system. The recessed vortex impeller is out of the passageway of fluid flow, eliminating concerns of blockage or wear. The impeller shall be capable of being trimmed to meet specific performance characteristics.
- Proven Grinder Assembly
- The shredding ring and radial cutter shall be constructed of 440C stainless steel hardened to a minimum Rockwell C55 and shall be finish for a fine cutting edge. The grinding mechanism shall be constructed to eliminate clogging and jamming under starting and all normal conditions and capable of passing stringy type solids through the pump without roping or winding the material.
- Accessories Included
- Stainless steel lifting handle and anti-vibration rubber mounting feet are included with the pump.
See all Champion Pump Products
Champion Pump Company, Inc. provides Pumps for the Plumbing, Septic, Waterproofing, Municipal, Industrial, and Maintenance Markets. We provide you with the opportunity to talk to a decision maker every time.
Our goal at Champion Pump is to be a true CHAMPION! A true Champion is Better than the Best, Greater than the Greatest and Mightier than the Mightiest.
We will provide our customers with a Champion Product, Champion Service and a Champion Attitude!