Grinder Pump Slicer - 2HP - 208V/230V/240V - (47 gpm & 106 foot head) - External Start Components - Float Included
2 HP Grinder Pump Start Kit in Control Box & HF2OU30F2 30' Float Switch
Start & Run Capacitors in the Control Panel
The MDI grinder pumps easily handle residential, light commercial or industrial sanitary waste, reducing it to fine slurry. The grinder pump is designed for use in pressure sewer applications or any piping network.
The recessed vortex impeller design of the grinder grinder pump provides trouble free, non-overloading operation over the entire performance curve. The grinder pump produces capacities to 47 gpm with heads to 106 feet.
The grinder pump retrofits into many existing competitor pump installations. The grinder pump operates with the same control panel and installation piping / rail system.
Some of the other grinder pump features:
- 1 year warranty
- 30' SOOW 12 AWG cord
- 30' UL Listed & CSA Float Switch "HF2OU30F2"
- Strong, 2 HP
- Single Phase @ 60 Hz
- 208 V @ 20.8 AMPS
- 230/240 V @ 15.5 AMPS
- Advanced Slicing for "Flushables"
- 1-1/4" Vertical Discharge
- Internal moisture detection
- Potted cord cap assembly
- 3 Bearings shaft support
- Pressed in motor
- Thermally Protected
- 29.5 x 8.25 x 10.75 with 1.25" NPT Removable Discharge Flange
Grinder Pump Spec Sheet
Manufacturer: MDI Sewage Products
Weight: 104 lb
Stock Quantity: Made to Order
Delivery: Ships in 5-8 Business Days
Grinder Pump Features and Benefits
- Triple Sealed Cable Entrance
- Stainless steel strain relief cord grip with compression grommet protects outer cord jacket. Epoxy filled inner cord cap with individually soldered wires provide anti-wicking moisture protection to the motor even if power cable is cut or damaged.
- Modular Pump Design
- Commonality of parts across the pump product line minimizes the amount of parts required for servicing. Heavy duty ASTM A48, Class 30 cast iron components.
- Strong Motor
- High torque for powerful (208/240V) and reliable pump operation. Pressed stator securely holds motor and efficiently transfers heat. Class F insulation with overload protection in oil filled chamber for cool operation and long motor life.
- 3-Bearing Support
- Motor / Pump shaft securely held with upper and lower ball bearing plus addition sleeve bearing in lower seal chamber. Long 50,000 hour B-10 bearing life.
- Moisture Detection
- Seal leak probe signals alarm in control panel for scheduled maintenance.
- Non-Overloading Hydraulic Design
- The recessed centrifugal impeller allows 100% performance curve operation from shut-off to maximum flow without damage to the pump or system. The recessed vortex impeller is out of the passageway of fluid flow, eliminating concerns of blockage or wear.
- Proven Grinder Assembly
- Hardened (Rockwell 56-60) stainless steel grinder assembly has 30+ years proven field experience. The reversible grinder ring and grinder impeller effectively reduces solids into a fine slurry, easily passable in a piping system without concerns of clogging. Highly efficient 16,600 cuts per second.
- Easy Piping Connection
- Removable 1-1/4" NPT connection flange for simple and easy connection to discharge piping.
- Accessories Included
- Stainless steel lifting handle and anti-vibration rubber mounting feet are included with the pump.
- Discharge: 1.25" NPT Vertical
- Grinder Ring: 18 Slots
- Impeller Dia.: 5.5"
- Impeller Vanes: 12
- Impeller Type: Recessed Vortex
- Start Capacitor: 216-250 mfd, 250 volt
- Run Capacitor: 20 mfd, 370 volt
- Rated Power: 208 - 240 volt, 1-Phase
- Rated Current: 20.8/15.5 amps
- Starting Current: 72/54.3 amps
- Pole / Rate Speed: 2 Pole / 3450 RPM
- Insulation Class: F
MDI Inc. Our Company!
See all MDI Sewage Products
Mercury Displacement Industries Incorporated, better known in the industry we serve as MDI, was incorporated in Michigan in 1975. The primary product line is switch gear components including mercury type contactors, tilt switches and liquid level float controls.
Contactors are rated from 30 to 100 Amperes and are commonly used in various heating, lighting, and many other industrial applications including high voltage ultraviolet type loads. The contacts are encased in hermetically sealed stainless steel tubes to provide reliable switching for millions of operations. All basic units are UL, CSA, and CE approved.
The liquid level control floats are manufactured with mechanical or mercury switches. The float material is High Impact Polystyrene for normal alarm, sump pump or water applications, For sewage, 1 or 2 H.P. or high temperature, 86°C (186°F) requirements Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, (ABS) float material is provided.
MDI has 40 to 50 employees and markets products through distributors, representatives or direct to OEM accounts throughout the world.
MDI Quality Policy
It is the policy of MDI to manufacture and market products of excellent quality, durability and reliability. This policy emphasizes the importance of product reputation and customer satisfaction in the success of our business. The MDI Team is committed without exception to the continuous improvement in quality and cost, and to manufacturing productivity and efficiency.